5 Days RAW!!!
I am so happy you are interested in going 5 days raw!
You are going to be amazed with your body’s transformation. Everything from loosing those stubborn pounds (I lost 5… I have never dropped weight like that before!), feeling refreshed and energized throughout the day, and having glowing skin and bright white eyes! It is a full transformation as your body detoxes from the days, months, even years of toxins from the environment, sugars, alcohol, and poor quality fats and salts.
And summer is the perfect time to go raw. Raw foods are very expansive and cooling to the body in contrast to cooked, condense, warm foods. It is also very good for your body to cleanse as the seasons change. It will help with allergies and seasonal colds and flus.
Now something to keep in mind about detoxing is that your body goes through 1-2 days of withdrawal. Symptoms resemble that of a hangover as your body is missing that morning caffeine, mid afternoon sugar-kick, chewy bread, or evening cocktail. But PLEASE don’t let this discourage you!!! I PROMISE by day 3 you will feel AMAZING so push through!
If you are experiencing headaches, drinking a glass of cold lemon water with a pinch of cayenne should help. But again, your head is aching because the toxins are literally pouring out of every nook and cranny of your body so stay strong! Anyone can do anything for 2 days and you WILL BE SO THANKFUL YOU DID!
Now here is the list of do’s and don’ts:
- Eat all: veggies, fruits, nuts, seeds, avocados, and organic oils
- Drink a warm glass of lemon water every morning to help you body finish it’s natural overnight detox.
- Make sure to stay ahead of your hunger. Prep food ahead of time, and eat before you feel hungry. Keep snacks around like berries, fruits, nuts, nut butters, snackable veggies, and avocados.
- ALWAYS eat ORGANIC! You are purifying your digestive system so you want to make sure your fruits and veggies are free of chemical pesticides and GMOs.
- Drink plenty of water, herbal teas, and fresh squeezed or pressed juices to help flush out toxins.
- Morning coffee or black tea… yes I know this may be hard for some of you but again I promise, on the 3rd day you will notice that you have more energy, feel cleaner, and have less inflammation especially in your joints if you have arthritis.
- Don’t eat: grains, wheat, corn, dairy, sugar, caffeine, alcohol… It’s 5 days, you can do this!
- Don’t let your self go hungry, keep eating!
Preparing these dishes can take a little bit of time. But that is the beauty of it. Cooking is a combination of art and love. Making beautiful meals for yourself helps you appreciate the food on your plate. You will find that you eat a bit slower, savor each bite, and realize that it doesn’t take that much food to actually nourish yourself. At the end of 5 days you will have a new perspective on what it means to eat!
And please know I am here for you! You can contact me at any time with question about anything, just send me an email!
And if this is something that you are interested in or you know a friend who is too please share it and leave you comments below!
Best of luck! You are going to be a clean, lean, energetic human being in just 5 days!
Click the links for the 5 Day Menu, Grocery List, and Recipes. Enjoy!