Replicating pillowy gnocchi is no small feat, but this recipe is an absolute home run!
Serve this Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Sage Butter and alongside sautéed bitter greens like kale or collards and pork tenderloin for those carnivores out there.
The big tip that I strongly recommend is making the mashed sweet potato one day ahead. This will allow the steam and excess moisture escape so the gnocchi doesn’t become gummy.
Gluten Free Sweet Potato Gnocchi
3 Ingredient Gnocchi
Make the mashed sweet potato a day in advance and store in the refrigerator
- Peel 2 sweet potato and dice into equal size cubes.
- In a pot of cold water, add the sweet potato and bring to a boil.
- When the sweet potato is soft and fork tender, drain. Return to the pot and mash or give a few pulses in the food processor. Spoon the sweet potato into a bowl and allow to cool to room temperature. Then cover and place in the fridge overnight.
- To the day old sweet potato, add the arrowroot 1/4 cup at a time mixing thoroughly. Start mixing with your hands when dough is thick.
- Knead in the potato starch.
- Form into a ball and split into fourths.
- Roll the dough into a long 3/4-1 inch thick rope. Cut rope into 1 inch segments.
- In a pot of boiling water, cook gnocchi in a few batches for about 30sec-1 min or until they float a little. I gently add them to the water with a big spoon making sure they do not stick to each other. Be careful not to over cook as they can become too gummy.
*Sage Butter: In a sauté pan, add butter and sage. Allow butter to melt and slightly brown over a medium flame add the gnocchi and coat with sage butter.
If you enjoyed this recipe I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below and be sure to share with family and friends.