This Spa Salad is amazingly simple yet packed with zesty flavor and detoxing properties!
Beets are the base of this salad which means your filtering organs like your kidneys and liver are going to love it! The lemon garlic vinaigrette offers amazing alkaline properties and antimicrobial benefits which balances your PH. Garlic is natures antibiotic that heals from the inside out with no negative side effects. Bring on the garlic!
Parsley is a gorgeous garnish on this salad and it serves as a nutritionally dense way to get chlorophyll into your body. The lemon zest perfumes this salad while adding oils and antioxidants that don’t lie in the juice. The zest and white pulp of the lemon rind have such powerful properties that it can reduce radiation-induced damage to the cells of the body!
Now that you know the health benefits of this salad, here is the recipe!
A zesty and fresh salad that couldn't be more simple!
Preheat oven: 350
- 1 medium red beet
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- pinch Himalayan salt
- handful of parsley leaves, stemmed
- Take piece of tin foil and place your beet on top. Drizzle with EVOO, sprinkle with salt, and add 2 sprigs of thyme. Wrap the foil around the beet so that it is completely sealed. Place on top of a sheet pan and roast for 45 mins-1 hour until fork tender.
- Unwrap beet and with a dark colored kitchen towel, rub the skin off the beet. Once peeled, slice the beet into any shape you desire.
- In a bowl, add lemon juice and minced garlic. Whisk in the same amount of EVOO as lemon juice. Add a pinch of salt to taste.
- Place the beets on a plate and liberally drizzle with the vinaigrette. Casually drop parsley leaves on top and sprinkle with lemon zest.
If you enjoyed this recipe I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below and be sure to share with family and friends.